Wednesday, March 22, 2006

APRONSTRINGS (belated entry)

Dearest MIL,

I do NOT appreciate 6am phonecalls on weekend mornings. They scare the piss out of me, and I literally jump in the air. I especially dispise them on weekends that my daughter is with my ex and I could truly sleep in!!

I can't help it your dogs pee at 4am and the stupidest thoughts run through your head once you're up. Obviously you have no impulse control, as you need to share those thoughts immediately with your precious firstborn son. Who may I add sleeps like the f-ing dead and never knows you called. I also don't tell him it rang so it may be hours till he sees your voicemail ( oops so sorry!)

Sure I could turn off the ringer on the bedroom phone, but it wouldn't solve my problem, since you always call the hubby's cellphone. And the best part is that his cellphone plays loud obnoxious music forever till it cuts to voicemail. I refuse to get up and answer it so if it's ever an emergency good f-ing luck getting through. That makes you .... the MIL that called 'Wolf" one too many times.

Thanks so much for sharing dear MIL ...just try not to reach out and touch someone when they're SLEEPING!

your d-i-l

6 Comments:

Blogger Daughter In Law said...

omg. do not mess with my sleep. that would be the last straw. Get her a post it note and a pretty pen and tell her to keep it on her nightstand.

6:26 AM  
Blogger grody jo-dee said...

caller id, i love you. i never answer my MIL's calls either. i just let the hubby deal with his mother when he gets around to it. what else is voicemail for?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Yome said...

My MIL does the opposite, calls really late at night when Joey has finally fallen asleep, thereby waking him up and causing me to have to start the whole bedtime rigmarole again!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

OMG! She does not call you that early??? I would start a campaign of calling her at midnight every night for a week.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

...even if I had to set my alarm...

3:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have to share this blog with my Mother. My grandmother (her MIL) was one of these but she would call in the middle of the night (we're talking 2 am).

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home