Saturday, March 04, 2006

Coming in 2nd

Is it wrong to feel like I came in 2nd for birthday gifts? My Hubby gave me a $50 gc to hair salon as my sole bday gift. A month later, is his Momma's BIG DAY! I knew he installed and paid for a YEAR'S worth of DSL on her computer. I was pissed at the big expense, but said nothing. What's worse? When MIL calls to thank him for her birthday card, and gets me instead. She continues by saying "And tell him the check in the card wasn't necessary since he paid for the DSL already". No sh*t it wasn't necessary, and trust me he heard about it when I got to relay the message to him! There that felt good to unload!

THANKS D-I-L for inviting me to vent. There will be more I am sure.

5 Comments:

Blogger grody jo-dee said...

i'm thinking that sound like he wants to start WWIII....

12:39 PM  
Blogger Daughter In Law said...

I think you should cancel the check before she gets a chance to cash it. I mean, she did admit it was unneccessary, right?

4:23 PM  
Blogger apron strings said...

HMmmmmmmm I wonder... If I did cancel it, would we both pay a bank fee then? Insufficient Funds fee? Knowing his generous heart, he'd reimburse her for that too and cost us even more money in the long run.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

This is getting goooood!
On my last b-day I got a great, big ZERO from my hubby, not even a card, so I think that hair salon certificate sounded pretty nice.
DIL's cancel the check idea is funny.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got nothing on my last birthday from hubby or in laws. The can't even remember what month I was born in and we have been married for 20+ years.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home