Sunday, March 12, 2006

Grandmom's big day

Dear MIL,
Clearly you misunderstood my role at my daughter's birthday party today. Instead of viewing me as the hostess to 50 guests, you showed your true colors once again by treating me as your personal attendant. I must apologize for forgetting that when YOUR relatives are late, it is my responsibility to be on the lookout for them and to direct them to the seats you've saved. By the way, thank you for saving those seats for people who couldn't bother to RSVP. Really. My friends and family, who RSVP'd promptly didn't want to sit down. And it wasn't at all awkward as the wait-staff had to scramble for extra place-settings at the last minute. So glad you could share in the big day with all your drama!

smooches!
dil

p.s. did you really just hit me up for a copy of the video we showed?

3 Comments:

Blogger apron strings said...

ALL RISE for HER ROYAL MAJESTY!! LOL

Did you serve her too?
How about a piece of cake dear MIL?

THEN...You could've done the fake trip and gave her a real tasty piece of cake right to the schnoze!!!

PS... since this was like a visit - did you go armed with pictures for her?!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Not Good Enough said...

Ooooo, I like the way you think apron strings!

An frosting facial would probably do some good.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

She was SAVING seats??? Unbelievable!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home