Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Please leave a message ...

Dear MIL,

We're sorry you missed out on the super cheesy pizza & delicous ice cream cake for the hubby's birthday the other day. Did I mention there was a layer of fudge inside the cake where the chocolate crunchies are. What a delightful surprise! I imagine sitting alone on the couch watching reruns couldn't have been as much fun.

The bday boy did leave a message - a voicemail on your cell phone. You see the problem is... this little game where you and your sons only use cell phones to contact each other... and apparently you lost the game this time. We've been trying to break you of this habit. Did you ever notice that at night we let our cellphones RING off the hook, but if you dial back on the house phone we answer. That's because we are either downstairs working out ( I will not run upstairs for the cellphone) or on the couch or in bed with a phone within inches of us. Our cellphones are either in the car, the kitchen or maybe in a purse and just not handy.

One other healthy reminder! Maybe if you actually checked your messages on your home answering machine we would've tried calling you at home. Remember, the loud screeching beep you hear every 30 seconds and blinking red light = you have a message. Most people actually check for messages when they get home from being out for hours. The beep is an added feature to get your attention - I bet it even costs an extra $2, and if you don't use it - well that's just money down the drain!

Love Ya
Me

4 Comments:

Blogger Daughter In Law said...

I'm sorry to point out the obvious but how funny is this:

That's because we are either downstairs working out ( I will not run upstairs for the cellphone)

It's like the people who take the elevator at the gym!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I don't understand people that don't try BOTH phones. My mom is the WORST at cell phones. The ONLY way to contact her is at home. She still hasn't figured out how to get her messages, bless her heart.

6:21 AM  
Blogger apron strings said...

DIL

LMAO - it's not due to laziness that I won't run up and get the phone. It's that if I'm in the middle of an F-ing workout why should I be inconvenienced. I do take my cordless phone down with me for the important calls. I'll put down a weight and look at caller ID first though.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

My favorite is when my mother calls my Aunt, on the house phone, and she'll never leave a message. And why? "Because some lady's voice comes on and says leave a message."

And my aunt does a slow boil and through clenched teeth, "The woman is ME you idiot!"

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home