Sunday, April 02, 2006

March Madness - a little late

My MIL's most annoying habit is talking, as I believe I've mentioned before. When my daughter was smaller, I'd leave her presence to breastfeed. More recently, I thought it would be ok to do so in her presence. Well, MIL cannot shut up, and this distracts my daughter, who will repeatedly pause her eating to look at my MIL! So my MIL repeatedly says, "Oh, I'll stop talking, I'm distracting her." Pause a few seconds, she talks again, then says again, "Oh, I'll stop talking." Repeat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daughter In Law said...

kudos to you for even trying. After she asked me when my daughter could have "the good stuff" we have a don't ask/don't tell policy about the breastfeeding.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous littleB said...

When my MIL comes to visit, which thankfully is not that often, we are forced to chauffer her around because her van is FULL of garbage. While we're in the car, she talks nonstop - usually nasty comments about the people of her town, or how she "told off" this or that person.

She is a font of negativity while my husband is the most positive person that I've ever met. I cannot understand how he grew up in her home. Did I mention that she talks NONSTOP?

While she rattles on, spewing her bile all over my children, my husband and I just share looks of horror in the rearview mirror.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home