Sunday, April 02, 2006

on the FIL

Just have to post a small rant on the FIL. A few weeks ago he and the MIL babysat for the daughter. When we arrived back home he went on and on about why we have deprived our daughter of a blanket. Even though I tried to explain that she is used to it because she has never slept with a blanket, he insisted on asking me, my husband, and my MIL how we would feel if he took our blankets away!

As for the MIL, she insisted we needed to have a fruit platter at our daughter's first birthday party. I still don't know why it was such a big deal to her, but she insisted it was necessary! Let's just say that she paid for said fruit platter!

4 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Ah well, Father Knows Best! :P

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

No blankie????

I just read a funny post about Indigo Kids over at The Phoenix.
I know that Daugher in Law will enjoy reading this and any others here might like it too. If you've got young kids, you will surely get a chuckle out of it. My kids are teens, but I still laughed:

http://jayrey.blogspot.com/

11:43 AM  
Blogger Daughter In Law said...

I'm just in awe of a mil that actually pays for something.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be ny MIL & FIL pay for everything that my BIL & SIL do. But when it comes to us we are some how never offered. It's very strange. They even did that with college. My DH is the oldest and he paid for college the others didn't have to.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home