Friday, June 30, 2006

Na na na na...hey hey hey...goodbye

Dear MIL,
Listen to me and listen well. Your son? LOVES my father. LOVES him. Loves him like the father he never had, since he really didn't have a father. But we don't need to discuss whose fault THAT was, now do we?

Everyone loves my father because he is, well, lovable. You know who isn't? The whiny mother in law who stirs up drama by calling my mother (his ex-wife) to compain that he ignored you at my picnic last month. What could make them love you less? Upping the obnoxious factor by saying you would "tell him about it" next time you saw him.

What's a poor daughter in law to do, but throw an impromptu party where you are cordially invited to hang yourself in front of the only people in the past 78 years who have been willing to tolerate your shit.

Don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out of my life,
D-I-L

P.S. Wanna hear something funny? When I ask my husband on any given weekend what he wants to do, he tells me to call my dad and see if they want to go out to dinner.

3 Comments:

Anonymous kate said...

Yikes!

Hope all balances out! Have a great weekend,

Here from Michelles.

Kate

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some great MIL stories over at http://julia.typepad.com/julia/ she says she'll take the post down in a coupleof days but the stories in the comments are priceless.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oh brother!! Your MILDEW has got to beat them all! I mean really, every stunt she has ever pulled is just amazing, and I don't mean that in a good light. LOL

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home