Tuesday, March 14, 2006

No thank you on the polyester tip

dear MIL,

when you call me and tell me that you bought thomas the train sheets for my daughter, and that you guess i'm just stuck with them because they're non-returnable, THINK AGAIN.

because i will leave a message for you.

1) they're blue and red! (i only use white sheets and she knows this)
2) they're 70% POLYESTER! again, 70% POLYESTER!
3) i have said repeatedly that my kids are not advertisement for toys, so no character-endorsed tees, sheets, whatever.
3) you can give them to the neighbor boy down the street as i'm sure he will enjoy them.

why on earth would you give sheets like that to someone who has a degree in textiles?? and to tell me with a laugh that i'm stuck with them because you can't take them back...well, sorry you wasted your money. don't think that guilt crap works on me.

6 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

My son got the same crap. Problem solved when he himself told her that he didn't like the sheets..."too itchy," when she asked him about them.

Tell her that you donated them to Goodwill...in her behalf, since she didn't include the receipt. That's if you feel like being nice, otherwise I like your first plan.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Please, graciously accept the sheets. Then for Christmas or her birthday, present her with pillows made from the those sheets.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, I just read DIL's comment. We are on the same track.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Well you could always sew little play outfits out of them... You're just not industrious enough!

4:44 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i comtemplated making a "thomas the tank engine" bedspread for her dollies, but then i decided the dollies deserved higher thread count. i just flat out refused to accept the sheets, so the boy down the street from my MIL got them. she says, "he loves them!" good for him.

9:47 PM  
Blogger karen! said...

A degree in textiles? What do yo do with that? I have a degree in Fashion Merchandising, but I do nothing with it. I am also a hairdresser, so that's what I do. But I remember a class on textiles, so I understand why you don't want polyester sheets! Natural fiber, please, more breathable!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home