Sunday, April 16, 2006

Did You Forget?

Dear M.I.L.,

When I spoke to you three weeks ago regarding my new schedule and mentioned I would no longer be able to attend your Sunday dinners, you graciously suggested we move the dinners to Saturday so the whole family could attend. So you had no reason to act surprised today when my husband showed up alone for your Easter dinner. I was at work, like I told you. And no, I can not just "pop over for a bite." Everything would be put away and everyone else would be gone by the time I could get there on my break. If you so desperately want to see me, don't schedule a family get-together on a day you know I can not make it and then act all injured like I stood you up on purpose.

Fondly, Your D.I.L.

5 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yeah, seconds on what DIL just wrote! ;o)

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I'm sorry you had to work on Easter. Secondly, I'm sorry your MIL had to give you grief about it. Geez, when will these women learn?

9:26 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

that is some serious passive-aggressive behavior. i wouldn't want to hustle over there on my break for someone who didn't have the grace to make the dinner when i could attend.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Well, I guess your MIL thinks that D.I.L.D.E.W.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. I could have written this post when I was still married.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home