Thursday, April 20, 2006

Aaargh..

Dear MIL,

Calling me to tell me you are going to be later than the time we arranged for me to pick you up is fine. Calling the HOME phone and leaving a message when I had told you I would be out teaching and would go straight to pick you up is NOT helpful, especially not as my students had bought a cake as it is my son`s first birthday today and I had to rush proceedings because I didn`t want to leave you waiting. You have my mobile phone number for a reason. USE IT...

5 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

the older generation and technology--not a good combo. my MIL once told my hubby that she didn't have his cell number...even though we programmed in her phone for her! sometimes i think they are just being inconsiderate and use the "technology helpless" excuse.

12:13 AM  
Blogger My float said...

Doesn't your MIL ring on your cellphones at night instead of your home phone?! What kind of crazy game is that??

Happy birthday to your one year old!!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Here from Michele's today but I just absolutely LOVE this site...can't believe I missed this one. I plan to be back -- over and over :) thanks for the laughs and the picture of MIL's everywhere...

5:50 AM  
Blogger DD said...

I'm sure she would just excuse herself by saying she "didn't want to bother you," by calling your mobile.

Aaargh is right.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! I can't even begin to imagine how stressful a MIL can be!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home