Thursday, April 27, 2006

Your Lack of Concern Overwhelms Me

MIL Dearest:

Sorry we haven't bothered telling you the outcome of IVF #2, which failed (thanks, readers of MILDEW, for the kind wishes); but I'm guessing that your concern is immeasurable - as in below the charts - since you have asked neither my husband nor myself how things went. It's such a damn pity that we live less than a mile from you and that phones are such an inconvenience. And heaven forbid you ask me the when we went out for dinner and I sat right next to you the other night. Oh, and another thing, thank you so much for shoving the pictures of your new great-granddaughter under my nose. It was just the right thing to do to keep my appetite to a minimum.

6 Comments:

Blogger EJW said...

I'm serious this time. Kick her in the junk.

3:17 PM  
Blogger My float said...

I'm very sorry that IVF #2 didn't work. How awful for you that she is such a negative force in your life. She could be so much for you, and she chooses her own disfigured path.

Truly your little one doesn't need to have this kind of person around.

5:06 PM  
Blogger K said...

I'm sorry the IVF didn't work.

When I mc'd. my MIL complained that I didn't mourn "the right way" or "enough." MIL's SUCK.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I am so sorry that the IVF didn't work.

I think it's just horrible that she didn't show any concern AND was so insensitive to show off her new great grandchild like that.

I agree with ejw, kick her in the junk!

8:58 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

you need to cut her out of your life. right now. she has to be the rudest and most unkind person EVER.

i wish you luck with whatever you decide to do next.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I am just so sorry that you have to deal with her on top of everything else. As if the IVF wasn't enough. I am just so sorry things did not work out for you this time.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home