Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No More Sitting

Dear MIL,

I sat quietly & took it when you said you expected me to give up on your son, like I had "given up" on my first career path.
I sat quietly as you tried to run my wedding into the ground.
I sat quietly as you called your own daughter "too chubby".
I sat quietly as you told me I'd never be a "good enough" wife for your son.
I sat quietly as you sneezed profusely, swearing that you were "allergic" to the smell of the coffee that I was brewing in my home, for your husband.
I sat quietly as you shook your boney finger in my face because I let my daughter eat some cotton candy. Would you rather I force-feed her raw asparagus until she throws up, like you did to your son?
I sat quietly as you rambled on & on about how great your daughter's fionce's family is, because you get along so well with his mother. And because his sisters are all so well-educated.

Allow me to now educate you.

I will sit quietly no more. You may not beg my husband to contact some random girl he barely remembers from high school, who happens to still be single & who lives a mere hour from us. And who has my name! Just what the hell are you trying to do?? Allow me to merely say, "Game.ON."



Kiss, kiss (my ass),
Berklie

12 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Oh My God.

Unforgivable.

5:43 PM  
Blogger DD said...

That is just sick. What does your husband say?

8:42 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

jaw dropping. Game on indeed.

3:14 AM  
Blogger SalGal said...

You must be a way nicer person than me because I would've given this woman (or my husband to pass onto her anyway) some choice words to look up in the dictionary.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Berklie said...

I'm pretty fortunate that sweet hubby dished it to her, with her last action. Her simple head-in-the-ground response was that it was my fault that I took it all wrong. So he told her it'd be awhile before we saw her again. Thank God!!!
SalGal.... he he he... I think I was just in total shock with each occurence. But once it all sunk in, trust me, my words would probably not be found in a dictionary. ;)

5:07 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

It's amazing the crap we sit through, only to add it all up later.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Good God, someone sign me up to be a contributor, please! I'm dying to vent.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Dear God. She sounds like my ex-fiancee's mom... The Bitch From Hell. At this point, you need to become the aggressor and take no hostages. I finally had to tell TBFH off and I was completely truthful and absolutely vitriolic. She doesn't speak to me anymore and I couldn't have asked for a nicer blessing.

12:04 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

O .. M .. G ..

She's got this coming. Sorry, that that Alexis Colby has to die.
Game On alright - I can't believe you've put up with so much for so long.

I guess i'm not as restrained as you .. imagine the DIL I am then ;)

1:08 PM  
Blogger NotGoodEnough22 said...

What!! Oh my...I don't even know what to say to that one.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This scenario reminds me very much of the movie "Monster-in-law." Good luck. We're routing for you!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for you. Hope you let rip to her. I used to put up with untold s**t from my MIL, just to keep the peace. I used to cry about it all, & feel so miserable.
My daughter just wont stand for it, & she lets it be known how she feels- though her problem is the FIL, not the MIL. But at least her husband sticks up for her, & has told her he would choose her over his family any day!
Meggie
lifesfreetreats.blogspot.com
Cant be bothered going through all the signup crap since I went Beta!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home