Sunday, June 18, 2006

Beach House Hell

MIL Dearest:

Why is it when we have to go on vacation with you, you can find no happiness or bright spot the entire time? When we were at your daughter's beach house, a beautiful new home a block from the ocean with its own pool, you still bitched incessantly. "The flight is too long" "Too many stairs!" "It's too hot!" "I hate the ocean!" "I hate the beach" "I'm not going out to eat again!" "I don't need to go shopping!" "The kids are too loud!" "Your father [my FIL] snores all goddamn night!" and it goes on and on, ad nauseum.

You really make it hard to enjoy a vacation when everyone (everyone being your children and grandchildren), seems to think they are obligated to make the trip worthwhile to you in which we sacrifice our own enjoyment. However, you insist on going each time. Next time we will arrange to get a camper for you to stay in so you don't have to participate in any of the activities or hear the laughter from the kids.

Vacation with the mother-in-law? ...Oxymoron.

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Sounds like pure hell if ya ask me!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Love that! I don't vacation with the IL's anymore. We do let them take the kids though, that way they can be in charge, just the way they like it!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home