Sunday, April 30, 2006

Don't Bother Asking

Dear MIL,

I was very flattered you asked about what was going on in my life and initially appeared interested in what I had to say. However, if you were not serious about listening to me and only planned on paying attention for two minutes, don't bother asking me to detail my life's events. In case you are wondering, it is not polite to jump up in the middle of someone's sentence to run over and welcome your "favorite" son (not my husband) into the room and then turn to me and say "Oh, you were done, right?"

Fondly,
Your DIL

4 Comments:

Blogger mrs. awesome said...

clearly, she cared a great deal about what you were saying.

sheesh.

4:40 PM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

She just needed some back ground noise so the ugly voices that bounce around in her head would be drowned out for a couple of minutes.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

You weren't done? Yeah, my mother (not my MIL) is guilty of that.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Okay, I've read enough....this is hilarious! I wish I knew about this site sooner. My DH and I haven't spoken directly to MIL since April, and before that, I think it was three times since January and then as far back as August.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home