Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Not All MILs Were Well-Behaved

New Year's weekend, we lost electricity to our home. The first night we spent in a hotel unaware that the storm's affect would take days to resolve. The second night, my husband explained to his mother that again we were displaced. She suggested we stay at their home. A kind enough offer, which we have had to repeatedly turn down on other types of occassions due to my allergies and their cats.

He reminded her again about my allergies. The woman, true to herself, turned hostile and said, "Fine. Go home and freeze."

I believe the correct response, dear MIL, would have been to either offer to help defer the cost of another hotel stay (which your son would have graciously declined even though you shit money) or to wish us a simple good luck and then shut your big, bitter mouth.

And I swear, if she tells me to "shut your kid up" one more time, I'll jack her. I don't care if she's 83.

8 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Do it!

1:14 PM  
Blogger [] said...

Jack her. The woman's been asking for it.

6:54 PM  
Blogger OMH said...

shut your kid up.

SHUT YOUR KID UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my - I'm thinking that on top of "Fine. Go home and freeze" comment deserves her being JACKED but not by you - I think it should be dear sweet Son needs to Jack Slap her.

Thanks again for showing me how hard I must try to not be a MILDEW!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

The first time she said shut your kid up to me, would have been the last words she uttered.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Stay with her, then smother her with a pillow- or one of her cats.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Berklie said...

Oh, yes. She needs a good jacking. Have fun with that.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the correct response, dear MIL, would have been to either offer to help defer the cost of another hotel stay (which your son would have graciously declined even though you shit money)

Why is the correct response for her to offer to help defray the cost of another night's hotel stay? How is your hotel stay not your responsibility? Seriously, even if your husband would have declined the money, and even if she is made of the stuff, neither of those factors actually transfer the responsibility from you to her. And, considering that she opened her home to you (which you declined without even trying to take a Benedryl and being pleasant), I think you are the one who comes off badly.

And frankly, your whole "shut your kid up" accusation is pretty hard to believe.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm posting anonymously because I don't have an account, the other poster that's posting anonymously is doing so because it's really your mother in law.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home